Pipe Layers are responsible for assembling and connecting pipe systems for water mains, sewers, and drains. Before the pipe is laid, these professionals inspect the ground, dig the pipe trenches, and seal the pipe joints with cement glue.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pipe Layer Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Pipe Layer to join our construction crew. As a Pipe Layer, you will be responsible for assessing the ground conditions, digging trenches, assembling pipes, and laying pipes in accordance with city ordinates. You may also be required to remove old piping systems, seal joins, and install auxiliary lines.
To ensure success as a Pipe Layer, you should have good working knowledge of pipe fitting techniques and excellent physical fitness. A skilled Pipe Layer should be able to select, place, and seal pipes quickly and efficiently without impeding the progress of the construction crew.
Pipe Layer Responsibilities:
- Measuring and configuring pipe routes.
- Gathering material and installation tools.
- Digging trenches using hand and machine trenching tools.
- Locating installed piping systems using magnetic or radio indicators.
- Removing old or broken piping systems.
- Laying pipes into trenches and applying pipe spacers.
- Checking pipe alignment and sealing pipes with cement glue.
- Installing auxiliary lines.
- Sealing exposed pipe joints and fittings.
- Filling and sealing pipe trenches.
Pipe Layer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven work experience as a Pipe Layer.
- Detailed knowledge of construction and pipe fitting techniques.
- Knowledge of sewer systems, storm drains, and water mains.
- Experience with machine-operated trenching tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and city maps.
- Excellent physical fitness with the ability to lift heavy objects.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources