Pipe Fitters plan, install and maintain pipe systems and supports as well as hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. This includes securing pipes to walls and fixtures and often involves spending long periods of time in hot and confined spaces.
Pipe Fitter Job Description Template
We are looking for a reliable Pipe Fitter to plan, install and maintain piping systems in industrial and residential properties. The Pipe Fitter will be responsible for reviewing blueprints, planning, installing, and maintaining piping systems and related equipment.
To be successful as a Pipe Fitter you should have ample experience in welding and installing pipe systems according to specifications. Ultimately, a top Pipe Fitter has excellent mechanical skills and a good understanding of the requirements and precautions necessary for working with pipes conveying dangerous chemicals and liquids.
Pipe Fitter Responsibilities:
- Inspecting the workplace, clearing obstructions and preparing materials and equipment.
- Studying blueprints and planning pipe systems and related equipment installations.
- Using a variety of tools to modify pipes to specifications.
- Measuring and marking pipes for cutting and threading.
- Assembling and welding pipe components and systems.
- Securing pipes to walls and fixtures with brackets, clamps, and welding equipment.
- Ordering required materials such as pipes, hangars, brackets, hydraulic cylinders, etc.
- Repairing and maintaining pipe systems, supports, and related equipment.
- Clearing pipe systems of obstructions and testing their functionality.
- Complying with relevant codes and regulatory standards.
Pipe Fitter Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Trade school education or apprenticeship.
- Meet state licensure requirements.
- Proven experience as a Pipe Fitter.
- Excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Good communication and managerial skills.
- Physical dexterity.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources