Pipe Layers are construction specialists that assemble and fit pipes for sewers, water mains, and drains.
When interviewing Pipe Layers, the ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of construction techniques, and a good eye for detail. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and those who are not able to lift heavy objects.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Pipe Layers:
1. What techniques should be used when mapping out pipe trenches?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of industry-approved mapping and trenching techniques.
2. What trenching and construction tools are you familiar with?
Reveals areas of expertise and highlights gaps in knowledge.
3. How would you ensure a section of pipe is aligned before you apply sealant?
Demonstrates attention to detail.
4. What would you do if a section of pipe has split after it has been installed and sealed?
Tests the candidate’s troubleshooting abilities.
5. How would you ensure a section of pipe is connected, fitted, and sealed within the required time-frame?
Demonstrates the candidate’s time and project management skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources