Physical Design Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-oriented physical design engineer to join our design team. You will be developing project plans and stages, designing microchip and processor layout circuits and evaluating semiconductor devices and components.
To ensure success as a physical design engineer, you should demonstrate extensive knowledge of circuit engineering and experience in a similar role. A first-class physical design engineer will be someone whose expertise translates into optimized circuit output and device functionality.
Physical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Planning integrated circuit and processor design projects and stages.
- Collaborating on circuit engineering projects with the design team.
- Designing layouts for processors and controller architectures.
- Reviewing product requirements and logic diagrams.
- Developing prototypes, testing circuit designs, and optimizing output.
- Enabling easy routing, as well as reducing delays and resolving glitches.
- Developing codes, as well as maintaining layout automation features and macros in layout entry tools.
- Evaluating semiconductor devices and components, as well as performing modifications.
- Documenting physical design processes, such as circuit layouts and device specifications.
- Keeping informed of developments and innovation in physical design engineering.
Physical Design Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, electronics, or related.
- A minimum of two years' experience in physical design engineering.
- Advanced proficiency in HDL languages, such as Verilog.
- In-depth knowledge of design flow process control systems.
- Experience with analog electronics and MOS transistors.
- Great collaboration, and communication skills.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and recordkeeping skills.