Embedded Software Engineers are responsible for developing and implementing software for embedded systems such as routers, smartwatches, televisions, and hybrid vehicles. They are involved in the complete life-cycle of the embedded software product, from building the code through to final testing and device implementation.
Embedded Software Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled Embedded Software Engineer to join our dynamic software design team. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for executing complete embedded software life-cycles for company and client hardware.
To ensure success as an Embedded Software Engineer, you should have extensive experience coding in C and C++, and have excellent knowledge of embedded coding techniques. Ultimately, a top-class Embedded Software Engineer can develop scalable software systems that are perfectly optimized for the embedded device.
Embedded Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients and the software design team to determine software specifications.
- Creating design goals and deadlines.
- Designing and writing the embedded software code according to desired specifications.
- Testing the software for scalability and structure.
- Implementing the embedded system and interpreting error reports.
- Fixing bugs and optimizing the system.
- Maintaining the software program.
- Documenting software application values.
Embedded Software Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Experience with a complete life-cycle of an embedded software system.
- Proficient in C and C++.
- Knowledge of modern OS coding techniques, IP protocols, and hardware interfaces.
- Good communication skills and the ability to project manage.
- High-level writing and documentation skills.
- Familiarity with software configuration tools.
- Critical thinker.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources