Interview Questions for Physical Design Engineers:
1. Can you describe your approach to preparing physical design projects?
Highlights the candidate's experience in planning the stages of physical design projects and whether they demonstrate a collaborative approach.
2. Which steps do you follow in testing design prototypes?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of prototype testing procedures, and their ability to proactively prevent design faults.
3. How do you calculate the resistances and capacitances of a design?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of RC extraction fundamentals, and their ability to calculate bandwidth, quality factors, and corner points.
4. Which methods to reduce circuit delays are often overlooked?
Reveals the candidate's practical knowledge and experience, as well as their ability to optimize circuit performance.
5. Can you tell me about a major success you had as a physical design engineer?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and experience in physical design engineering, as well as their ability to design complex circuits.