PHP Developers write server-side web applications using Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) scripting languages. They are tasked with developing and coding back-end components and connecting applications to other web services. PHP Developers also assist front-end developers to ensure their work integrates into the application.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
PHP Developer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a talented PHP Developer to manage our back-end services and ensure a seamless interchange of data between the server and our users. As a PHP Developer, you will be responsible for developing and coding all server-side logic. You will also be required to maintain the central database and respond to requests from front-end developers.
PHP Developer Responsibilities:
- Conducting analysis of website and application requirements.
- Writing back-end code and building efficient PHP modules.
- Developing back-end portals with an optimized database.
- Troubleshooting application and code issues.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Responding to integration requests from front-end developers.
- Finalizing back-end features and testing web applications.
- Updating and altering application features to enhance performance.
PHP Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Knowledge of PHP web frameworks including Yii, Laravel, and CodeIgniter.
- Understanding of object-oriented PHP programming.
- Previous experience creating scalable applications.
- Proficient with code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, CVS, and SVN.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Ability to project manage.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources