Payroll Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for an efficient payroll administrator to be responsible for all payroll processes. The payroll administrator's duties include the management of employee data, ensuring the accuracy of timesheets, computing wages, and ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time.
To be successful as a payroll administrator you should have strong numeracy skills and be able to multitask effectively. Ultimately, an outstanding payroll administrator should be able to manage all aspects of payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
Payroll Administrator Responsibilities:
- Providing information and answering employee questions about payroll related matters.
- Managing electronic timekeeping systems or manually collecting and reviewing timesheets.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions.
- Preparing and issuing earnings statements.
- Issuing paychecks and managing direct deposits.
- Maintaining employee records.
- Coordinating with the HR department to ensure correct employee data.
- Providing administrative assistance to the accounting department.
Payroll Administrator Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in a payroll office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll software programs.
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively.