Accounts Payable Managers supervise the staff members and processes within the Accounts Payable department. These professionals may also be called Accounts Payable Supervisors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Accounts Payable Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for an organized, motivated Accounts Payable Manager to increase department accuracy and efficiency and provide strong leadership to our Accounts Payable department. The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure that the department operates smoothly, maintain accurate and complete records regarding payments to suppliers, lenders, and employees, process payments from clients, and hire, train, and support Accounts Payable staff members. You will also serve as a liaison between the Accounts Payable department and external parties, including lenders, suppliers, and government agencies.
To succeed as an Accounts Payable Manager, you should be focused on optimizing department processes and building lasting relationship with others within and outside of the business. You should be knowledgeable, analytical, and decisive with excellent leadership and communication skills.
Accounts Payable Manager Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating Accounts Payable staff members.
- Overseeing routine department activities, such as disbursing checks and processing payroll, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial information to management and government agencies.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
Accounts Payable Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or related field.
- Experience may be required or preferred, particularly in a leadership role.
- Extensive knowledge about accounting and management principles and Accounts Payable procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially business solutions and bookkeeping software.
- Strong planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze information and processes.
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Commitment to ethical behavior with a willingness to adhere to all company policies and current financial legislation.