Accounts Payable Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized accounts payable manager to provide strong leadership to our accounts payable department and to ensure that the department runs smoothly. The accounts payable manager's responsibilities include maintaining accurate records regarding payments to suppliers, processing payments from clients, and training staff members.
To succeed as an accounts payable manager, you should be focused on optimizing department processes and building lasting relationships with others within and outside of the business. You should be knowledgeable, analytical, and decisive with excellent leadership and communication skills.
Accounts Payable Manager Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating accounts payable staff members.
- Overseeing routine department activities to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial information to management and government agencies.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
Accounts Payable Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, or a related field.
- Experience may be preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and management principles and accounts payable procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially business solutions and bookkeeping software.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze information and processes.
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Commitment to ethical behavior with a willingness to adhere to all company policies and current financial legislation.