Accounts payable specialists manage the expenses of companies, businesses, and organizations. They analyze invoices and expense reports, resolve accounting discrepancies, and charge expenses to accounts.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Accounts Payable Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented accounts payable specialist to control and monitor our expenses. You will be processing payments, verifying invoices, and performing account reconciliations.
To ensure success as an accounts payable specialist, you should exhibit sound knowledge of best practices in accounting and experience in a similar role. An accomplished accounts payable specialist will be someone whose accounting expertise translates into optimized expense control processes.
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data.
- Receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Comparing system reports to balances and verifying entries.
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers, as well as controlling petty cash spending.
- Verifying vendor accounts, paying vendors, and resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Issuing purchase order amendments and stop payments.
- Monitoring payroll expense claims, including salary advances and overtime payments.
- Reconciling account transactions with the general ledger.
- Performing recordkeeping and preparing financial reports.
- Keeping informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting.
Accounts Payable Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in accounting, finance, or related.
- At least two years' experience as an accounts payable specialist, or similar.
- Advanced competency in accounting and business management software, such as NetSuite and Zoho Books.
- In-depth knowledge of accounts payable principles, accounting standards, and industry regulations.
- Extensive experience in account reconciliation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Great time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources