Accounting Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of an accounting department or office. They ensure compliance with accounting legislation, supervise accounting staff, and assist in the preparation of financial statements.
When interviewing Accounting Supervisors, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, sound knowledge of accounting practices and principles, as well as strong leadership skills. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor communication and problem-solving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Accounting Supervisors:
1. How do you keep abreast of the latest developments in accounting legislation?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, commitment to the job, and experience.
2. What financial data would you need to prepare an annual budget?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
3. How would you go about explaining a complicated accounting process to a junior employee?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of accounting principles and practices as well as communication skills.
4. What would you do if a junior employee repeatedly made the same accounting errors?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and management skills.
5. What would you do if a long-standing staff member was resistant to a change in accounting software?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources