Interview Questions for Accounts Payable Managers:
1. How would you go about collecting debt on a long-term outstanding account?
Tests the candidate's problem-solving abilities and personal skills.
2. Which accounting software packages would you highly recommend and why?
Assesses the candidate's analytical skills and knowledge of relevant software.
3. How would you resolve a mistake made by a member of your team?
Evaluates the candidate's ability to handle staff and to deal with pressure.
4. What methods do you use to plan and prioritize a number of urgent jobs?
Highlights the candidate's planning and organizational abilities.
5. How do you stay up to date with current accounting regulations and laws?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to stay abreast of rules and regulations.