Payroll Administrators verify timekeeping data, maintain employee records, calculate wages and tax withholdings, issue earnings statements, and ensure employees receive their paychecks.
The most suitable candidate will have good organizational skills and a knack for numbers. Be wary of candidates with poor attention to detail.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Payroll Administrators:
1. Can you describe the software applications you use to track hours worked and process payroll?
Demonstrates the candidate's proficiency in software programs used for payroll processing.
2. An employee claims that he received incorrect wages. What do you do?
Shows how the candidate resolves discrepancies and deals with complaints.
3. How do you ensure the accuracy and timely completion of your work?
Reveals the candidate's organizational skills and attention to detail.
4. What is your method for dealing with incomplete or late timesheet submissions?
Shows the candidate's experience and problem-solving skills.
5. How do you keep track of changes in local laws and IRS regulations?
Illustrates the candidate's experience and knowledge regarding legal regulations and their willingness to stay abreast of changes.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources