Interview Questions for Patrol Officers:
1. Describe a problem with a fellow patrol officer. How did you resolve it?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal skills and their ability to maintain positive relationships.
2. What would you most like to achieve as a patrol officer?
Illustrates candidates' work ethic as well as their motivation.
3. What do you do to maintain your training?
Shows candidates' experience with physical, first aid, and gun training.
4. Can you describe a time when you made a mistake in the line of duty?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to learn from their mistakes and cope with the stress of the job. Candidates who cannot give at least one example of a negligible mistake will most likely not be credible.
5. What would you do if you were called out to a violent domestic disturbance?
Shows candidates' understanding of the job and how they would handle a stressful situation.