A Patient Care Coordinator, also known as a Healthcare Coordinator, manages the time schedules and workload of the care team specifically in charge of patient care.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Patient Care Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a Patient Care Coordinator with management and administrative experience in setting goals, managing time schedules, and maintaining consistent workload programs for healthcare workers who provide patient care.
To be successful as a Patient Care Coordinator, you should possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate and manage a group of healthcare workers. You should ensure the highest level of quality service for patients who are under the care of the team you manage.
Patient Care Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular staff meetings with the care team.
- Motivate staff to maintain high standards of patient care.
- Draw up and implement work schedules for staff.
- Ensure that every patient is accounted for in the Patient Care Program.
- Ensure a balanced workload for every worker in the care team.
- Oversee the work of the care team by performing quality assurance checks.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in health care by attending seminars and sharing this information with the team.
- Keep accurate records of patient care and staff schedules.
- Follow HR Guidelines to compile work schedules for the care team.
Patient Care Coordinator Requirements:
- Undergraduate diploma or Degree in Nursing, Administration, Social Work or similar.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Patient Care Coordinator.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Healthcare Assistant, Auxilliary Nurse, Registered Nurse or similar.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A professional appearance.
- A compassionate and caring persona.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources