Interview Questions for Pastry Chefs:
1. Describe a time when you received multiple dessert orders at once. How did you manage your time?
Shows time management skills.
2. What ingredient substitutions would you make for customers who request diabetic-friendly desserts or pastries?
Tests nutrition knowledge and skills.
3. You accidentally burn an entire batch of pastries before an important event. How do you remedy the situation?
Tests accident-recovery skills.
4. How do you communicate complex recipes and techniques to your fellow chefs?
Illustrates communication skills.
5. How would you react if a customer sent back one of your desserts?
Tests ability to accept negative feedback and to improve performance.