Sous Chefs are culinary chefs that work below the head chef in a kitchen. As second-in-command, they have a large number of duties in the kitchen including supervising kitchen staff, planning work schedules, and assisting with food preparation. They generally work in high-end dining establishments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sous Chef Interview Questions:
1. How would you respond if you caught an employee violating a food safety regulation?
Highlights the candidate’s ability to enforce safety standards.
2. How would you adjust our menu to accommodate the current seasonal trends?
Tests the candidate’s experience planning menus.
3. How would you resolve an issue with an aggressive customer?
Reveals the candidate’s interpersonal abilities.
4. How would you accommodate special diet needs, such as a gluten-free or vegan?
Highlights the candidate’s previous educational background and work experience.
5. Which restaurant software programs are you familiar with?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of restaurant software programs.