Parent Coordinator Job Description Template
We are seeking a dedicated parent coordinator to help families who are going through disputes related to divorce or legal custody cases. You will advocate for the child's best interests by acting as a mediator between parents or guardians, helping them to resolve their issues outside the courtroom, and ensuring that they follow prescribed parenting agreements.
To be successful as a parent coordinator, you should have excellent listening and communication skills, and strong emotional intelligence. The top candidate will be someone who is passionate about defending children from the turmoil caused by volatile relationships or legal battles between parents.
Parent Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Keeping the child's best interests at the forefront of all actions taken.
- Mediating between parents to ensure communication is open and productive.
- Working with parents to resolve conflicts between them.
- Teaching parents tools and techniques to improve their communication and reduce tension.
- Monitoring parents to ensure they comply with court-ordered parenting agreements.
- Developing visitation or living schedules that comply with the court's stipulations.
- Assisting parents with logistics related to travel and living arrangements for the child.
- Collaborating with doctors, teachers, and other professionals to better understand each child's needs.
- Reporting any cases of domestic violence or child mistreatment.
- Making informed decisions on behalf of parents who are unable to come to an agreement.
Parent Coordinator Requirements:
- Master's degree in law, psychology, social work, or related field.
- Professional experience working with children and parents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of child psychology.
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution abilities.