Also known as Auto Body Technicians, Panel Beaters assess damage and perform repairs, alterations, or restorations to the exterior of motor vehicles. Panel Beaters usually work at car shops, operate as independent contractors, or manage their own workshops.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Panel Beater Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly skilled Panel Beater to join our automotive repair workshop. As a Panel Beater, you will be responsible for assessing damaged vehicles, estimating the cost of repairs, and repairing vehicles to their original condition. You will also be required to liaise with clients and maintain high safety standards in the workplace.
To ensure success as a Panel Beater, you should have experience with body repair kits, spray painting and welding equipment, hydraulic lifters, and pneumatic saws. Outstanding Panel Beaters communicate well with customers and ensure body repair work is done quickly and efficiently.
Panel Beater Responsibilities:
- Assessing the extent of motor vehicle repairs, restoration, or customization requests.
- Managing customer expectations.
- Preparing repair or modification cost estimates and finalizing agreements.
- Planning, organizing, and scheduling the workflow.
- Regularly updating customers on the progress of their repairs.
- Restoring damaged vehicles to their original condition by removing dents, mending parts, removing rust, repairing scratches, and spray painting panels.
- Accommodating customization requests.
- Ensuring compliance to industry specifications and safety standards.
- Operating recovery vehicles.
Panel Beater Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Panel Beater certification, or equivalent vocational training.
- Previous experience as a Panel Beater would be advantageous.
- Licensed to operate recovery vehicles.
- Spray painting, general welding, and brazing experience.
- Ability to operate mechanical, hydraulic, and metalworking equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of automotive industry safety specifications and regulations.
- Physically fit and able to operate heavy machinery.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Availability to work overtime when needed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources