Auto Body Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable, dexterous auto body technician to join our expanding team. The auto body technician's responsibilities include liaising with customers to ascertain their needs, performing restorations and modifications, and observing safety regulations. You should provide a pleasant, efficient service to customers throughout this process.
To ensure success as an auto body technician, you should be able to operate all pertinent equipment with ease. An outstanding auto body technician will recommend additional services that may be valuable to customers.
Auto Body Technician Responsibilities:
- Speaking to customers to gauge what work ought to be done.
- Performing diagnostic assessments to ensure that all issues have been detected, and that the customer is willing to have these remedied.
- Wearing safety gear and conducting work in a safe manner.
- Performing cost estimations and clearing these with customers before proceeding with work.
- Restoring vehicles to their original condition, or better, by repairing, replacing, and upgrading features of their exterior.
- Customizing vehicles according to customers' preferences, as requested.
- Ensuring that each vehicle is roadworthy upon completion of the job.
- Returning vehicles to their owners.
- Checking to see that issues have been resolved to customers' satisfaction.
Auto Body Technician Requirements:
- Proven experience as an auto body technician.
- Formal training as an auto body technician will be advantageous.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant safety guidelines.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Physically fit with exceptional manual dexterity.
- Observant and meticulous.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.