Optometric Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated optometric technician to assist the optometrist with the vision correction of patients. The optometric technician will help with eye examinations, perform clerical duties, and maintain and clean the examination equipment.
To be a successful optometric technician, you should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. You should be detail-oriented and meticulous, with a keen interest in repairing and maintaining glasses and ocular equipment.
Optometric Technician Responsibilities:
- Assisting with patient care and eye examinations.
- Taking patient histories, and assisting patients in frame selection.
- Educating patients on the care and maintenance of lenses.
- Explaining the testing process to patients, preparing them, and administering tests on visual capabilities.
- Keeping records and inventory, and taking notes during examinations.
- Performing minor repairs on broken or damaged glasses.
- Assisting with the creation of lenses and construction of glasses.
- Performing minor maintenance and repairs on examination equipment.
Optometric Technician Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- An Associate's degree as an optometric technician may be a benefit.
- An optometric technician certification may be a benefit.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivation, and ability to work under pressure.