Interview Questions for Optometric Assistants:
1. What method would you use to instruct a customer on the proper care and handling of contact lenses?
Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills.
2. How do you stay organized during busy times and avoid scheduling conflicts while also assisting customers?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
3. Which tools or equipment would you use to test near and far visual acuity?
Demonstrates clinical knowledge and experience with optometric tools.
4. What steps do you follow to take a patient's history?
Demonstrates candidates' attention to detail.
5. How would you resolve a conflict with a customer who wants to return his or her choice of frames?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.