Optometric Assistants perform clinical and administrative tasks for Optometrists. Also known as Optometrist Assistants, they perform administrative duties, assist patients with frames and contact lenses, work with patients in vision therapy, and assist in vision acuity tests.
When interviewing Optometric Assistants, look for candidates who demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Take note of candidates who lack precision and the ability to work with delicate tools and materials.
Interview Questions for Optometric Assistants:
1. What method would you use to instruct a customer on the proper care and handling of contact lenses?
Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills.
2. How do you stay organized during busy times and avoid scheduling conflicts while also assisting customers?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills as well as ability to multi-task.
3. Which tools or equipment would you use to test near and far visual acuity?
Demonstrates clinical knowledge and experience with optometric tools.
4. What steps do you follow to take a patient's history?
Demonstrates candidates' attention to detail.
5. How would you resolve a conflict with a customer who wants to return his or her choice of frames?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources