Interview Questions for Operating Room Nurses:
1. Tell me about a time when you noticed post-surgery complications. What happened?
Evaluates the candidate's skills and experience, and reveals their ability to collaborate on patient care.
2. What instructions and advice would you give post-appendectomy patients?
Highlights the candidate's knowledge and skills in providing post-operative care.
3. In your experience, which sterile techniques are often overlooked? Why?
Assesses the candidate's experience with sterile techniques, as well as their level of expertise.
4. Anxious parents demand to see their son in the recovery room. How do you react?
Demonstrates the candidate's problem-solving skills, and whether they react in a professionally appropriate manner when under pressure.
5. Can you describe electronic patient management systems you are familiar with?
Tests the candidate's experience and knowledge of patient management software.