Interview Questions for Oncologists:
1. What equipment or tools would you expect to use during radiation therapy?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of radiation therapy and its equipment.
2. How would you monitor a patient's progress during chemotherapy?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of cancer treatments and their symptoms and side effects, as well as analytical skills and attention to detail.
3. How would you give a diagnosis of Stage 4 cancer to a patient?
Demonstrates candidates' empathy as well as communication and interpersonal skills.
4. In your opinion, what is the most effective way to manage a patient's pain and why?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and experience.
5. What kind of information would you record during the course of a patient's treatment for cancer?
Demonstrates candidate's record-keeping skills and attention to detail.