Cancer Registrars, also known as Tumor Registrars, gather cancer patient histories, diagnoses, treatments, and other information, then enter it into a database that is used to advance cancer research and treatment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Cancer Registrar Job Description Template
Cancer registries are vital resources for furthering cancer research and treatment, and we are seeking a diligent Cancer Registrar to enter patient information into our registry. You will be responsible for collecting, capturing, and updating data about our patients' histories, symptoms, diagnoses, treatments, and health statuses.
To be successful in your role as a Cancer Registrar, you should be highly organized and detail-oriented. The top candidate will be someone with strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity, as you will often be gathering information from people who are facing unimaginable struggles.
Cancer Registrar Responsibilities:
- Gathering information from doctors, medical records, patients, and their families.
- Updating and maintaining the cancer registry.
- Contacting discharged patients and their families for follow-up information.
- Preparing reports and graphic representations of the registry data.
- Complying with government regulations and medical ethics.
Cancer Registrar Requirements:
- Associate's degree or equivalent in medical information management.
- National Cancer Registrars Association certification.
- Experience working with databases.
- Analytical, detail-oriented mindset.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated attitude.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources