A Medical Records Clerk is in charge of managing patient health files in a facility. Also known as Health Information Clerks, their duties include filing records, assisting in audits, and collecting information. The requirements for this role include a high school diploma and proven work experience.
Medical Records Clerk Job Description Template:
Our medical facility is currently searching for an experienced and friendly Medical Records Clerk to join our administrative team. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including collecting patient information, issuing medical files, filing medical records, and processing patient admissions and discharge papers.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of medical terminology, processes, and administrative duties. To excel in this position, you should also demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
Medical Records Clerk Responsibilities:
- Gather patient demographic and personal information.
- Issue medical files to persons and agencies according to laws and regulations.
- Help with departmental audits and investigations.
- Distribute medical charts to the appropriate departments of the hospital.
- Maintain quality and accurate records by following hospital procedures.
- Ensure patient charts, paperwork and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Make sure all medical records are protected and kept confidential.
- File all patients' medical records and information.
- Supply the nursing department with the appropriate documents and forms.
- Complete clerical duties including answering phones, responding to emails, and processing patient admission and discharge records.
Medical Records Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology and administration processes.
- Proficient in information management programs and MS Office.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources