Health Unit Coordinators ensure administrative operations run efficiently in a clinical setting such as a hospital, doctor's office, or clinic. Also known as a Unit Secretary or Ward Clerk, their duties include planning patient activities, updating medical files, and resolving patient complaints.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Health Unit Coordinator Job Description Template:
We are searching for a talented and professional Health Unit Coordinator to ensure our hospital unit runs smoothly. In this position, you’ll be the organizer of communication between medical employees and patients, as well as the go-to person for the unit’s administrative requirements.
You will perform a range of duties including maintaining medical files, serving as receptionist, and coordinating patient procedures. The successful candidate will be a well-organized and competent individual with proven secretarial experience in a medical unit.
- Welcome patients, check-in new patients, and answer phone calls.
- Maintain the appointment calendar, schedules, and medical charts.
- Communicate with patients, families, medical staff, and caregivers to guarantee smooth operations.
- Plan patient procedures and activities.
- Order medical equipment, supplies, and infrastructure for the hospital.
- Assist patients with important hospital forms and inform them about the procedures of the hospital.
- Resolve all patient complaints and collect reviews to help improve functionality.
- Maintain and update patient medical records.
- Work with medical and non-medical employees.
- Train new employees on hospital processes.
- High school diploma or relevant qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a health unit coordinator.
- Certificate for a Health Unit Coordinator training program is preferred.
- Good understanding of medical procedures and medical terminology.
- Brilliant organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.