Occupational therapy technicians assist occupational therapists by carrying out treatment plans, teaching patients new therapy techniques, and monitoring patients. Occupational therapy technicians work in clinics, hospitals, and the homes of patients.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Occupational Therapy Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for an empathetic and physically fit occupational therapy technician to work with patients, assisting them with exercises, and explaining treatment plans. You should be able to care for patients emotionally as well as physically.
To be successful as an occupational therapy technician, you must be able to work well with any type of patient and remain professional at all times. A top-notch occupational therapy technician can adapt to the needs of each patient to ensure they receive the best level of care.
Occupational Therapy Technician Responsibilities:
- Carrying out treatment plans.
- Teaching patients new mobility techniques.
- Explaining exercises to patients.
- Helping patients move into different positions during therapy sessions.
- Monitoring patients throughout sessions.
- Sanitizing treatment areas.
- Performing admin tasks like scheduling sessions and filing reports.
- Transporting patients to and from sessions.
- Setting up equipment that will be used in sessions.
Occupational Therapy Technician Requirements:
- An Associate's degree from an accredited program.
- State-specific license and accreditation.
- At least 2 years' experience as an occupational therapy technician.
- Empathy for patients.
- Good communication skill.
- Physical fitness (enough to lift patients and help move them).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic administrative skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources