Interview Questions for Occupational Therapy Technicians
1. What basic information would you expect to record when evaluating a patient for the first time to develop a treatment program?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and attention to detail.
2. How would you motivate a patient to complete a rigorous therapy program?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication, interpersonal, and teaching skills, as well as their ability to maintain a positive attitude.
3. Can you describe a time when you suggested an innovative therapy activity or piece of equipment? Was it successful?
Demonstrates the candidate's critical thinking skills as well as continued education and lateral thinking abilities.
4. What steps do you use when instructing a patient on the use of a piece of equipment?
Demonstrates the candidate's instructional skills.
5. Can you describe some of the conditions you’ve treated and the therapies you’ve used?
Tests job knowledge.