Interview Questions for Nursing Assistants:
1. Describe some of the conditions you’ve worked in. What did you find most challenging or most rewarding?
Reveals more about work history.
2. How do you handle difficult patients? How do you deal with resistance?
Tests interpersonal skills.
3. What has been your most stressful experience? How did you cope with it?
Reveals how the candidate handles stress.
4. Describe a time when you were able to console an emotional patient. How did you do it?
5. Explain how you’ve handled disagreements with other nurses/doctors. How did it turn out?
Tests job knowledge and interpersonal skills.