Nursing Assistants work under the supervision of registered nurses to provide care to patients. The Nursing Assistant is responsible for bathing, feeding and dressing patients, and assisting them with movements they may struggle with.
When interviewing Nursing Assistants, the ideal candidate should have compassion for patients and a genuine interest in helping others. Be wary of candidates who lack patience and empathy.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Nursing Assistants:
1. Describe some of the conditions you’ve worked in. What did you find most challenging or most rewarding?
Reveals more about work history.
2. How do you handle difficult patients? How do you deal with resistance?
Tests interpersonal skills.
3. What has been your most stressful experience? How did you cope with it?
Reveals how the candidate handles stress.
4. Describe a time when you were able to console an emotional patient. How did you do it?
5. Explain how you’ve handled disagreements with other nurses/doctors. How did it turn out?
Tests job knowledge and interpersonal skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources