Interview Questions for Night Auditors:
1. What accounting or bookkeeping software have you used?
Tests the candidate's familiarity with the programs that your hotel uses.
2. What would you do if a guest arrives and they are booked for a room that's already occupied?
Tests the candidate's problem-solving abilities, and knowledge of booking systems.
3. You receive a noise complaint while auditing some accounts. What do you do?
Tests the candidate's ability to prioritize tasks and resolve conflicts.
4. What sort of end-of-day processes do you need to follow at the end of your shift?
Tests the candidate's experience with end-of-day procedures.
5. What would you do if you spotted an accounting error made by someone on the daytime staff?
Tests the candidate's ability to follow best practices for accounting and resolve errors.