Night Auditors manage the front desk during night shifts at a hotel. They perform the duties of an Accountant and a Front Desk Agent, by balancing accounts, processing bills, checking guests in or out, and addressing their needs and requests.
When interviewing Night Auditor candidates, look for people with a good mix of accounting and hospitality experience. Be wary of candidates with poor time-management skills, as this role requires a solid ability to prioritize many different tasks.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Night Auditors:
1. What accounting or bookkeeping software have you used?
Tests the candidate's familiarity with the programs that your hotel uses.
2. What would you do if a guest arrives and they are booked for a room that's already occupied?
Tests the candidate's problem solving abilities, and knowledge of booking systems.
3. You receive a noise complaint while auditing some accounts. What do you do?
Tests the candidate's ability to prioritize tasks and resolve conflicts.
4. What sort of End of Day processes do you need to follow at the end of your shift?
Tests the candidate's experience with End of Day procedures.
5. What would you do if you spotted an accounting error made by someone on the daytime staff?
Tests the candidate's ability to follow best practices for accounting and resolve errors.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources