Also known as Nanoscience Engineers, Nanosystems Engineers work with particles and materials the naked eye cannot see. They can work in various fields, collaborating with other scientists, doctors, and engineers to develop products that are more durable, energy-conscious, and less toxic.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Nanosystems Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled and detailed-oriented Nanosystems Engineer to join our company. The Nanosystems Engineer’s responsibilities include using precision equipment and advanced techniques to identify and synthesize nanomaterials, conducting research on nanosystems, guiding new engineers and scientists, and preparing reports. You should be prepared to defend your research and write persuasive funding proposals.
To be successful as a Nanosystems Engineer, you should be able to identify problems and collaborate with others to find solutions. Outstanding candidates are dedicated to science but also mindful of conserving the natural world.
Nanosystems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Identifying problems or weaknesses in nanosystems and devices and using nanotechnology to solve them.
- Processing, synthesizing and analyzing nanomaterials and microscopic particles using a range of precision technology and techniques.
- Collaborating with other scientists, engineers, doctors, technicians, and industry professionals to develop quality products and make improvements to nanosystems.
- Conducting research on engineering applications, nanotechnology, and science.
- Developing prototypes and conducting quality assurance tests.
- Advising, guiding, mentoring, and supervising other technicians, engineers, analysts, and scientists.
- Using software to generate high-resolution images of the final product and performing complex calculations.
- Designing nanodevices, nanomaterials, and nanosystems using CAD software.
- Improving existing nanotechnologies so that they are biodegradable, energy-conserving, and less toxic.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in nanotechnology and engineering, writing up reports, and presenting findings to the relevant stakeholders.
Nanosystems Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, with a specialization in Nanotechnology or similar.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferable.
- A completed apprenticeship or practical experience with nanosystems is recommended.
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical thinking skills, and perseverance.
- A high degree of integrity and flexibility.
- Dedication to conserving natural resources and decreasing the carbon footprint.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources