Mold Makers create and adapt molds for use in casting metal, clay, or plaster to produce precision parts or manufacture casts. They will create molds for use in many different industries and must possess a wide range of skills in order to succeed in their work.
When interviewing Mold Makers, look for candidates who demonstrate strong technical and mechanical skills as well as good manual dexterity. Be wary of candidates who lack strong math and active learning abilities, and those who are unable to work with minimal supervision.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Mold Makers:
1. What have you done in the past year to improve your skills as a Mold Maker?
Demonstrates candidates' active learning skills as well as their ability to stay up-to-date with industry trends and techniques.
2. What motivates you during your daily duties as a Mold Maker?
Illustrates candidates' understanding of the role and their ability to handle repetitive tasks.
3. What would you do if you made a mistake and there was no supervisor on hand?
Shows candidates' problem-solving skills as well as their ability to work on their own.
4. Can you share an experience where you learned to handle a new mold making tool?
Demonstrates candidates' past work experience as well as their adaptability and active learning skills.
5. In your opinion, how important is CAD in mold making?
Illustrates candidates' knowledge of computer software used in design as well as their ability to apply it to their work.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources