Interview Questions for Tool and Die Makers:
1. What skills do you think tool and die makers need to be successful?
Demonstrates a deep understanding of the role and highlights pertinent skills.
2. What techniques do you use to translate design schematics into physical objects?
Demonstrates the candidate’s analytical and visualization skills.
3. How would you construct a die according to blueprints that are incomplete?
Demonstrates the candidate’s problem-solving and metalwork skills.
4. What quality tests should be carried out on completed tools or dies?
Demonstrates the candidate’s attention to detail and knowledge of quality assurance procedures.
5. What is the most complex tool or die you have manufactured so far, and why?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights relevant skills.