Jewelers use various tools and techniques to make jewelry from metals, diamonds, gems and other materials. They also sell, clean and restore jewelry pieces, and sometimes do the necessary research and evaluations to value rings, earring, bracelets etc.
Jeweler Job Description Template
We are looking for knowledgeable, creative jewelers who take what they do very seriously, conduct themselves professionally, and who are passionate about the art of making and restoring jewelry of all sorts. Jewelers can expect to work with hand files, buffing wire, polishing wheels, and various other setting and crafting hand tools. Your responsibilities will include ensuring proper assembly, smoothing and polishing finished products, designing pieces and building molds, and evaluating the quality and value of pieces and raw materials.
Successful jewelers should have an exceptional knowledge of gems, metals, basic restoration and assembly techniques, and finishes. They should be up-to-date with global jewelry fashion and trends. Ideally, the most suitable candidate will also regard integrity and empathy as being extremely important.
- Helping customers to make the right choice for them.
- Researching and evaluating pieces and materials.
- Valuing pieces and materials.
- Designing new pieces and building molds.
- Restoring old or broken pieces.
- Making new pieces.
- Cleaning and polishing jewelry.
- Keeping informed about changes in the industry.
- High school diploma.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Design.
- Fingers dexterity.
- Artistic abilities.
- Previous experience.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources