Interview Questions for Patternmakers:
1. What skills do you think patternmakers need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s understanding of the role.
2. What information is required before you can start sketching out a pattern?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of the design process.
3. What computer drafting software are you familiar with?
Reveals knowledge of design software systems.
4. What is the most difficult part of being a Pattern Maker?
Highlights areas of focus and reveals gaps in knowledge.
5. What design patterns have you created in your previous work?
Highlights the candidate’s skills and reveals previous work experience.