Patternmakers are design experts that use their crafting skills to create factory patterns from blueprints and design models. They mostly work for apparel companies and create the base manufacturing patterns using computer drafting software and freehand sketching techniques.
When interviewing Patternmakers, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience with pattern design, a good eye for detail, and proficiency with computer design software. Be wary of candidates with poor hand-eye coordination and those who are not able to stand for long periods.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Patternmakers:
1. What skills do you think Patternmakers need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s understanding of the role.
2. What information is required before you can start sketching out a pattern?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of the design process.
3. What computer drafting software are you familiar with?
Reveals knowledge of design software systems.
4. What is the most difficult part of being a Pattern Maker?
Highlights areas of focus and reveals gaps in knowledge.
5. What design patterns have you created in your previous work?
Highlights the candidate’s skills and reveals previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources