Patternmakers are skilled technicians who create templates that are used to mass-produce products such as clothing, shoes, furniture, or plasticware. Their job is to translate blueprints and design models into factory patterns using drafting software or freehand measurement techniques.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Patternmaker Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled Patternmaker to create factory patterns for our manufacturing company. In this role you will be required to study blueprints and design models, create paper templates, and design the final pattern for mass production.
To ensure success as a Patternmaker, you should have extensive experience with pattern design, fine motor skills, and a good eye for detail. A top-class Patternmaker perfectly translates the ideas of the designer into a reliable and repeatable pattern that can be sent to the manufacturer.
- Meeting with product designers to discuss the base design.
- Reading and interpreting design models and blueprints.
- Creating rough-draft templates using computer drafting software and freehand techniques.
- Measuring, cutting, and designing patterns in the material required.
- Double-checking the pattern dimensions and style.
- Sending the initial pattern for a manufacture check.
- Meeting with designers to review the final product.
- Tweaking the pattern and filing the design.
- Reporting back to company managers.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Patternmaker.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and design models.
- Proficient with computer drafting software including CAD.
- Excellent fine motor skills.
- Experience with measuring, snipping, milling, and cutting tools.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources