Moderators review assignments that have been graded to ensure that marks have been awarded and totaled correctly. Moderators also check that the Assessors have provided feedback that is sufficient, constructive, and consistent.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Moderator Job Description Template
We are searching for a consistent Moderator to inspect whether assignments have been graded according to specific standards. The Moderator should check for congruence between the students' answers and responses included in the memorandum, and confirm whether markers have totaled and awarded a fair mark that is indicative of students' performance. You should amend any errors to ensure a fair standard of assessment.
To be successful as a Moderator, you should possess sound insight into the assessment process. A remarkable Moderator will keep track of all changes and engage in continuous discussions with the Assessors to improve consistency across assessments.
- Evaluating the students' responses to discern whether the Assessor has suggested a fitting mark.
- Recalculating marks to ensure that the students have been awarded an accurate grade for each major section of the work.
- Summing individual marks to confirm the validity of the students' final marks.
- Remedying discrepancies and including your initials next to each of these.
- Recording all anomalies and amendments.
- Suggesting suitable alterations to the memorandums.
- Submitting moderated scripts to stipulated individuals by agreed-upon dates.
- Advising Assessors on common marking errors and techniques to avoid these.
- Partaking in continuous dialogues to boost the transparency and credibility of our assessment procedures.
- High school diploma.
- Completion of a formal Moderation course.
- Demonstrable experience as a Moderator of similar content.
- Proven experience as an Assessor of pertinent subject matter.
- An eye for minutiae coupled with exceptional judgment.
- Brilliant administrative and logistical abilities.
- Openness to constructive and respectful input.
- Committed to shaping standardized assessment processes.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources