Examiners assess written, creative, and verbal assignments to gauge whether individuals have comprehended the material and then presented this adequately. Examiners typically decide on a final grade based on these and other criteria.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Examiner Job Description Template
We are searching for a fair and learned Examiner to grade submissions according to prescribed rubrics. To this end, the Examiner should receive tasks and supporting paperwork, review assignment-related expectations, and then award a fitting grade. Finally, you should return submissions and all other paperwork, including your annotations.
To ensure success as an Examiner, you should display consistency, fairness, and meticulousness in your work. Outstanding Examiners will insist on in-depth moderation from time to time.
- Obtaining assignments, rubrics, and accompanying declarations.
- Reviewing the quality, cogency, structure, and presentation of responses.
- Noting your comments throughout the marking process.
- Clearing deviations from marking guidelines ahead of time.
- Grading elements of each submission and the submission as a whole to arrive at a final mark.
- Returning graded tasks along with your feedback and supporting paperwork.
- Responding to assignment-related concerns.
- Suggesting improvements to existing rubrics.
- High school diploma.
- Subject matter expert as substantiated by appropriate training and experience.
- Demonstrable experience as an Examiner.
- Ability to grade oral, creative, and written exercises.
- Sharp but accessible communication skills.
- Unrivaled time management abilities.
- Task-driven, consistent, and thorough.
- Commitment to issuing constructive, substantial, and respectful feedback.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources