Merchandise coordinators work in retail environments where they keep stores sufficiently stocked. They monitor stock levels, price products, move stock, and set up visually appealing product displays. They may also maintain stock inventories.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Merchandise Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable merchandise coordinator to facilitate stock availability and design creative merchandise displays. In this role, you will be monitoring stock levels in the store, retrieving merchandise from the storage area as needed, and setting up eye-catching product displays.
To ensure success, merchandise coordinators should exhibit sound knowledge of consumer behavior and demonstrable experience in a similar role. An outstanding merchandise coordinator will be someone whose understanding of merchandising strategies translates into increased sales.
Merchandise Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Monitoring the availability of stock on the store floor.
- Moving stock from the storage area to the store.
- Assisting with merchandise handling, packing, and pricing.
- Designing and setting up enticing product and promotion displays.
- Monitoring stock supply inventories and predicting customer demand.
- Tracking sales records and arranging stock replenishments.
- Maintaining stock records and keeping stock orders within budget.
- Supervising purchasing activities, as well as product returns and exchanges.
- Liaising with suppliers on product pricing, promotions, special orders, buy-backs, and damages.
- Reporting to senior managers and answering customer queries.
Merchandise Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in retail management or similar preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a similar role in a related retail environment.
- Proficiency in office and retail management software, such as MS Word, Excel, and Retail Pro.
- Extensive knowledge of retail strategies and consumer behavior.
- Experience in keeping stock records and managing merchandise budgets.
- Ability to facilitate merchandise movement, packing, pricing, and replenishment.
- Exceptional ability to design creative and appealing product displays.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources