Interview Questions for Merchandise Coordinators:
1. How would you go about designing a display for products on promotion?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and creativity in display design, as well as their knowledge of consumer behavior.
2. What challenges do merchandise coordinators face, and how do you overcome them?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of the role, as well as their experience and problem-solving skills.
3. Tell me about your strategy to avoid merchandise shortages on the store floor?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and their ability to keep the store sufficiently stocked.
4. Which merchandise recordkeeping tasks are essential to perform? Why?
Tests the candidate's experience and their knowledge of sound recordkeeping practices.
5. Can you describe a merchandising strategy you've had great success with?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge, as well as their ability to develop and enact successful merchandising strategies.