Interview Questions for Medical Transcriptionists:
1. Which transcription type is the most challenging? How do you approach it?
Reveals the candidate's experience with different types of medical transcription, as well as potential weaknesses.
2. What inaccuracies do you usually find with speech recognition software?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience in using speech recognition software and editing the output.
3. What advice would you give new transcriptionists when starting out?
Evaluates industry knowledge and whether the candidate is aware of the high level of responsibility associated with the job.
4. Can you tell me what you would do if a section of an audio file is inaudible?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their problem-solving skills.
5. A physician asks for your transcript of a colleague's notes. How do you respond?
Test whether the candidate follows standard procedures to protect confidential information.