Transcribers listen to live proceedings or audio and video recordings to create written versions of them. They work freelance or full-time in many industries, but those employed in the legal or medical field will require specialized knowledge. Transcribers use various software and also complete administrative tasks.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Transcriber Job Description Template
We are searching for a detail-oriented and trustworthy Transcriber to join our team. The Transcriber’s responsibilities include creating accurate written versions of audio and video recordings, reviewing and editing transcriptions done by speech recognition software, and identifying any inconsistencies. You should have a good typing speed and superb attention to detail and be able to keep all sensitive information confidential.
To be successful as a Transcriber, you should be disciplined and have excellent listening skills. Outstanding candidates have superb reading and editing skills as well as the ability to focus for long periods.
- Understanding client specifications and noting any formatting or notation requests prior to completing the transcription.
- Completing transcriptions in a timely manner and reviewing drafts for any spelling, grammar, or formatting errors, as well as other inconsistencies.
- Adhering to all confidential guidelines and respecting sensitive information.
- Showing up on time for scheduled meetings and court proceedings.
- Keeping abreast of transcription software updates and attending refresher workshops as required.
- Communicating with the client or supervisor when there are issues.
- Submitting completed drafts to clients and correcting any errors as per their feedback.
- Keeping typing skills sharp by completing regular typing drills.
- High school diploma.
- Degree, Associate’s degree, or additional courses might be required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Express Scribe, and other software.
- A good typing speed and excellent reading skills.
- A high degree of professionalism and a superb work ethic.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
- The ability to focus for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work overtime if required.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transport.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources