Interview Questions for Transcribers:
1. What are the three biggest challenges of being a transcriber?
Reveals knowledge of the job and highlights possible weaknesses.
2. How do you avoid eye strain and neck and back problems?
Tests coping strategies and overall suitability for the role.
3. Can you describe how you go about picking up errors and inconsistencies?
Demonstrates candidates’ attention to detail and the ability to scrutinize their own work.
4. Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline. What happened?
Uncovers time management, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as candidates’ degree of professionalism.
5. A client spots several inconsistencies in a transcription. How do you respond?
Highlights customer service, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.