Media Managers are communication specialists who develop and implement all targeted content for various media platforms. They research, write, proofread and edit all media content, implement and manage media campaigns, and deliver public relations and communications plans.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Media Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Media Manager with confident communication and people skills. Media Managers are expected to possess superb project management and organizational skills with the ability to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, Media Managers should demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude with a keen interest in shaping an organization’s image and values through appropriate communication to the outside world. Top candidates will display natural leadership qualities with fantastic time management and planning skills.
Media Manager Responsibilities:
- Identify press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Develop content for dissemination via press releases, social media, websites and other distribution channels.
- Ensure that key messages align with vital business strategies.
- Serve as the organization’s media liaison and formal spokesperson.
- Conduct press conferences and briefings.
- Scan media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Monitor online and offline campaigns, and report on results.
- Negotiate with media channels to close competitive deals.
- Build and manage the organization's social media profile and presence.
- Promote additional projects to support new product launches.
- Build long-term relationships with media influencers.
- Appropriately manage the organization’s media budget.
Media Manager Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Communications/Media or related (essential).
- 3 years of work experience as a Media Manager or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns.
- Ability to create appropriate content for dissemination via press releases, social media, websites and other distribution channels.
- Ability to conduct press conferences and briefings.
- Ability to nurture long-term relationships with key media influencers.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.