A Med Tech is in charge of preparing and analyzing the results of blood and bodily fluids. Also known as Medical Technicians or Medical Technologists, these highly-skilled professionals mostly work in hospitals and independent laboratories. Duties include collecting, testing, and recording samples.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Med Tech Job Description Template:
We are searching for a highly-analytical and organized Med Tech to join our dynamic team. In this position, you will collect and organize samples for examination and work with other medical professionals to ensure results are correct. Your duties will include collecting samples, reviewing test results, analyzing samples, and presenting results.
This position requires a qualified professional with in-depth knowledge of biology, chemistry, and various medical equipment. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate outstanding analytical and organizational skills.
Med Tech Responsibilities:
- Collect and prepare blood, urine and tissue samples for analysis.
- Examine collected samples and identify any cell abnormalities.
- Maintain laboratory inventory levels and if necessary, place orders for new supplies.
- Prepare detailed reports about your test results and findings.
- Document and review tested data.
- Ensure all tissue samples are prepped for examination.
- Collaborate with pathologist and other medical specialists to determine correct diagnosis if cell abnormalities are discovered.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Present test results to physicians, researchers or patients.
Med Tech Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science or relevant field.
- Certificate to work as a Medical Technician.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Medical Technician.
- Advanced knowledge of biology and chemistry.
- Proven experience working with various medical equipment and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation and analytical abilities.