Martial Arts Instructors train students in the use of particular combat techniques. Though many such individuals engage in Martial Arts for sport and recreation, this instruction provides students with valuable self-defense techniques.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Martial Arts Instructor Job Description Template
We are searching for a highly decorated and enthusiastic Martial Arts Instructor to join our organization. The Martial Arts Instructor's duties include planning and scheduling classes, providing practical instruction, and ensuring that students learn and operate within a safe, supportive environment. You may be required to provide such lessons during one-on-one and group sessions.
To be successful as a Martial Arts Instructor, you should ensure that lessons remain fun and engaging, while encouraging a deep respect for oneself and others. Ultimately, an outstanding Martial Arts Instructor will develop students' confidence in their abilities.
Martial Arts Instructor Responsibilities:
- Scheduling individual and group lessons.
- Providing instruction on grade-appropriate kata and kumite techniques.
- Informing students about the historical and theoretical underpinnings of these techniques.
- Fostering discipline and respect within the classroom.
- Supervising students to ensure that interactions remain safe at all times.
- Encouraging the appropriate use of techniques learnt, both within and outside of the classroom.
- Providing lectures and demonstrations to parents, companies, and other members of the public to promote safety.
- Organizing and leading pertinent events such as gradings, workshops, bootcamps, gashukus, and tournaments.
- Receiving and tracking cash and electronic payments.
- Informing students about their progress.
Martial Arts Instructor Requirements:
- Black belt in your chosen style.
- Prior experience teaching Martial Arts to students of varying ages and fitness levels.
- Proven ability to prepare students for participation in local, national, and international tournaments is preferred.
- Clear criminal record.
- Physically agile.
- Top-notch leadership skills.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with the capacity to command attention.
- Respectful, supportive, and fair approach to teaching.
- Excellent events planning skills.
- Deeply passionate about Martial Arts and self-development.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources