A Fitness Instructor, also known as a Personal Trainer, provides training and instruction of fitness programs to individuals and groups. The Fitness Instructor engages clients in exercise routines and weight loss programs, and helps them to reach their individual goals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Fitness Instructor Job Description Template
We are looking for an accredited Fitness Instructor to join our organization and implement training programs for our clients. The Fitness Instructor is responsible for accurately assessing clients at the start of their journey, compiling reports, and developing their fitness levels. They should be able to assist clients in reaching their goals, and have a passion and drive for health, wellness, and fitness
To be successful as a Fitness Instructor, you should stay up to date with the latest trends in the fitness industry and provide solutions to your clients’ fitness needs. You should distinguish yourself as an outstanding Fitness Instructor in a highly competitive market while still being a team player. Ultimately, an exceptional Fitness Instructor will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and be able to add value to a growing organization.
Fitness Instructor Responsibilities:
- Support the development and delivery of fitness programs.
- Assist members in reaching individual goals.
- Assist in maintaining and improving the goals of the organization.
- Ensure the safety of clients during training sessions.
- Conduct an initial assessment of clients' body measurements.
- Monitor BMI on a regular basis.
- Motivate clients who have reached a plateau in weight loss.
Fitness Instructor Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Accredited by NCCA.
- Gym Instructor certification.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A professional appearance.
- Focus on client satisfaction.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Deliver excellent results.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources