A Fitness Director oversees the daily operations of a fitness center, and monitors personal trainers’ performance, membership retention and revenue goals. Fitness Directors evaluate members’ fitness programs for effectiveness.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Fitness Director Interview Questions
We are looking to hire a competent Fitness Director to oversee our fitness facility's operations. The Fitness Director will manage budgets, monitor and purchase equipment, and initiate, manage and grow a competent team of personal trainers. You will oversee trainers' interactions with members, such as assessments, nutritional guidance, training on correct use of fitness equipment, and guidance on appropriate types of exercises. You will train staff on an ongoing basis.
To be successful in this role, you need to employ judicious decision-making abilities regarding a diverse range of activities. Preferred applicants are effective multitaskers, have the ability to motivate others and are observant.
Fitness Director Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in management meetings.
- Developing and managing action plans to reach overall goals.
- Ensuring monthly revenue targets are met.
- Recruiting staff and ensuring optimal staffing levels.
- Training new staff members.
- Providing staff with ongoing assistance and training.
- Developing personal trainers to grow revenue and to assist members in reaching fitness goals.
- Collaborating with staff members to ensure cleanliness and tidiness of facilities, and maintenance of equipment.
- Managing expenses and purchasing new equipment.
- Replacing manager on duty and personal trainers in absence.
Fitness Director Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science, physical education, kinesiology or related field preferred.
- 4+ years work experience as personal trainer.
- 2+ years work experience in fitness management position.
- Certified personal trainer certification such as ACE or NASM.
- CPR/AED certification.
- Ability to generate revenue projections.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding people and leadership skills.
- Physically fit, strong, agile and dexterous, and professional appearance and behavior.
- Available to work evenings, over weekends and on public holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources