An Athletic Director supervises and coordinates the athletic events at high schools, private institutions, colleges, and universities. An Athletic Director will also manage the athletic department budget and oversee the hiring and firing of coaches.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Athletic Director Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated Athletic Director to be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of athletic activities. These responsibilities include developing and managing the department's budget, hiring coaches, managing scheduling, promoting athletic activities and events, and tracking team progress. The Athletic Director will also liaise with sports conference or division administrators on the department's behalf.
To be a successful Athletic Director, you should be dedicated, detail-oriented, and meticulous in your work. You should be passionate about the athletics department and helping your athletes and coaches reach their full potential.
Athletic Director Responsibilities:
- Managing the athletics programs and department.
- Establishing budget development plans.
- Coordinating with coaches on games, practice, and event schedules.
- Coordinating and promoting athletic events, such as games and fundraisers.
- Hiring and firing coaches, and assessing and monitoring current and prospective coaches.
- Tracking and reporting on team progress through analyzing past performances, recent successes, and areas for improvement.
- Maintaining an awareness of industry events and changes, such as regulation changes.
- Inspecting facilities and equipment for cleanliness, safety, and upkeep.
- Approving the purchase of necessary equipment and facility upgrades.
Athletic Director Requirements:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Sports Management, Physical Education, or related field.
- Experience in coaching, teaching, or administration.
- A teaching certification may be required.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding fundraising and promotional events.
- Experience with developing and managing a budget.
- Ability to handle scrutiny from parents and the public.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources